I have made these incredibly HUGE Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies multiple times and they are AMAZING! It seems shameful to not share the recipe with everyone that has not made them yet! I found the recipe HERE.
This is what you need:
- 2 sticks of butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 10 oz bag of chocolate chips
- 1 package of double stuffed Oreo cookies
Directions: (makes about 2 dozen HUGE cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together butter and sugars
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined
- In a separate bowl; combine flour, salt, and baking soda
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet mixture until just combined
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Using a medium sized cookie scoop; take one scoop of cookie dough and place on the top of an Oreo cookie and add another scoop to the bottom. Seal the edges together by pressing the cookie dough around the Oreo cookie (until you have one large round ball and cannot see the Oreo)
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 9-13 minutes (Note: I baked my on a light colored cookie sheet and it took 12 minutes)
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove from pans
THESE OREO STUFFED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ARE INCREDIBLE
Note: To save time, I tried this once using already made cookie dough from the grocery store and it does not work. The cookie dough spreads all over the place.
These cookies are huge, but worth every single calorie.
Here is what they look like inside about 15 minutes out of the oven! Mmmmm…..
Looking for fun ideas for your child’s next party? Baking with Melissa hosts baking parties and cupcake decorating parties in Los Angeles and surrounding areas! Check out this link for more information!