Oatmeal Fudge Bars!
Mmmm….These bars are nothing short of AMAZING! The warm oat layer combined with the soft fudgy center and the wonderful flavor of butterscotch makes these bars taste pretty darn special! Perfect for any occasion!
OATMEAL FUDGE BARS WITH BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups of butterscotch chips (optional, but highly recommended)
Ingredients for Fudge:
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (for darker pans reduce temperature to 325)
- Lightly spray your 9X13 pan with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat butter and brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and 1 Tbsp of vanilla
- In another bowl combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt
- Mix flour mixture slowly into butter mixture; then add butterscotch chips (optional) and set aside
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat; add sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips and butter stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 Tbsp of vanilla
- Pat 2/3 of the oat mixture into prepared 9X13 pan
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly over the top and dot with remaining oat mixture
- Bake for 30 minute
- Cool completely
- Cut into bars
How can you resist?
You may also like my famous Fudgy Oatmeal Cups!
Have you “Liked” Baking with Melissa on Facebook yet!?
Call Baking with Melissa today for creative and fun kids baking and cooking parties in Los Angeles and surrounding areas.