Here’s a little story about me:
I was a “Military Brat” growing up. When I was in high school we uprooted again and were stationed in Montgomery, Alabama. While there, my brother and I thought it would be funny to give each other silly little nicknames that we used with a southern drawl to tease each other. I was Bubbles, my little brother was Bubba and my mom, well she was Lil’ Mama! For what ever reason, I have never stopped calling her this!
So, today I am sharing My Sweet Lil’ Mama’s Banana Bread Muffins!
Note: I am not posting “How to photos” because have added the Ehow.com video I shot for this recipe below.
People go nuts for Lil’ Mama’s Banana Bread Muffins!
Helpful Tip: You can easily double this recipe to make 2 loaves or 24 regular size muffins.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts) and/or chocolate chips (both are optional, but HIGHLY suggested)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash bananas
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Place mixture in a greased loaf pan (bake for one hour) OR for mini loaves bake for 22-25 minutes. For regular sized muffin pans use liners or non-stick spray and bake for 20-22 mins. or until done OR for mini muffins bake for 10-12 mins.
- Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pans
Please “LIKE” Baking with Melissa on FACEBOOK!
WATCH LIL MAMA’S BANANA BREAD MUFFINS VIDEO BELOW
Banana Muffins & Cream Cheese Frosting — powered by ehow