These Cookies and Cream Cupcakes are AMAZING!
And the icing! Oh the icing…I promise you, there is nothing better than this icing. I
may have needed HAD to make extra icing after I found myself dipping Oreo cookies into the icing over and over again.
These cupcakes are easy to make and are a wonderful “almost homemade” sweet treat recipe that will have your friends RAVING!
Here is the Ehow.com video that I shot for this recipe!
Cookies & Cream Cupcake Recipe — powered by ehow
Ingredients for Cupcakes:
- 24 Oreo halves, with cream filling attached
- 1 white cake mix (do not use yellow)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 4 eggs (or box directions)
- Additional Oreo Cookie Chunks/Crumbs (crush about 15 cookies)
Directions for Cupcakes:
- In a large bowl; mix cake mix, buttermilk, oil and eggs together. Add additional Oreo Cookie chunks/crumbs into the mixture; stir well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners and place 1 Oreo cookie half with cream side facing up inside each liner (1/4 of the cookie if making mini cupcakes). Fill each liner with batter about 3/4 way to the top. Bake mini cupcakes for 8-10 minutes and full size cupcakes for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool completely
Ingredients for the Frosting: (If piping frosting on the cupcakes I suggest that you double this recipe)
- 1 80z package cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tbsp butter (softened)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 package Dream Whip (dry)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 6 double stuffed Oreos (finely crushed)
- Additional cookie pieces or Mini Oreos to top cupcakes (optional)
Directions for the Frosting:
- Beat softened cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add vanilla and salt
- Add 1 package of Dream Whip and mix well
- Add powdered sugar and mix well
- Add in crushed Oreo cookies and beat until well incorporated
- Let frosting chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes (this is very important)
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes
- Top with Mini Oreos or broken cookie pieces
- Store left over cupcakes in the refrigerator