Oh, my! Oh, my! These “almost homemade” candy bar peanut butter fudge bars taste amazing and are so easy to make! Truth be told, they are ALWAYS a hit everywhere I bring them!!! No one will ever know that it all started with a cake mix! Here is what you need!
7 simple pantry items that you likely already have (plus some candy)!!!
- 1 yellow cake mix (you can also use chocolate)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 oz) package semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- your choice of candy and/or chocolate chips (I used peanut butter M&M’s, chopped mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, chopped mini Snickers bars, and chocolate chips)
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) Combine cake mix, melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs in a large bowl using a mixer or spoon a. Press this into a 9X13 pan (sprayed with non-stick spray or use a non-stick foil) reserving 1 and 1/2 cups of the mixture to crumble on top.
3) In a small pot, melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
4) Spread chocolate mixture over the bar mixture in the pan and then crumble the remaining 1-1/2 cups of reserved cake mixture on top. Add candies on top.
5) Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool COMPLETELY before cutting into bars.
Allow the bars to cool and then cut into squares!
And the brownies….Ohhhh!!! You will LOVE them! And because I like you, here is the BROWNIE recipe as well! Note: instead of the fudge topping seen in the recipe, I added chocolate chips to the top before baking,
Check this out! I was recently seen on Season 10, Ep 1. of “The Next Food Network Star” as one of the “Foodies” at the Hollywood tasting! So fun! I’m always a sucker for a cowboy chef with delicious southern cuisine, so of course, I am rooting for Chef Lenny!
For FUN, All Inclusive, In home Baking Parties in Los Angeles and surrounding areas; check out my PARTY OPTIONS page here!