Butterfly Cupcakes! These are PERFECT for spring!
- Bake your favorite cupcakes (I made Very Vanilla Cupcakes from Glorious Treats)
2. Make or prepare your frosting! Here is my favorite BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
3. Use Speckled Easter M&M’s shaped like eggs OR use Peanut M&M’s
4. Color your frosting and pipe onto cupcakes (if desired)
5. Slice up tiny strips of licorice
6. Place 4 egg shaped M&M’s in the center of your cupcake, flared out for the wings, pipe a tiny amount of frosting in the center for the body (I used a round Wilton tip #22), add sprinkles to the body (if desired), and add licorice for the butterfly antennae. See photos below!
BAKING WITH MELISSA ALSO HOSTS ALL INCLUSIVE BAKING PARTIES FOR KIDS’ AND TEENS IN THE LOS ANGELES AND SURROUNDING AREAS! For more information on pricing and party packages, check out the PARTIES tab on the top of this website page!