BOLTHOUSE FARMS TASTING AND COOKING EVENT!
Baking with Melissa was recently invited to join a Bolthouse Farms juice tasting and cooking class hosted by Spoon Fork Bacon! Not only did we get to taste some amazing new juice and smoothy flavors, but we also got to do some mixology and cooking in the amazing kitchen at EATZ LA!
After we tasted the amazing smoothies and juices we did some Mixology! This drink was DELICIOUS! I really loved the Mango Pineapple Colada and mixing it with Pear Vodka was absolutely incredible!
SALTY PEAR COLADA RECIPE
- 1-1/2 oz Pear Vodka
- 1 oz Elderflower Liqueur
- 5-6 oz Bolthouse Farms Mango Pineapple Colada
- Sea Salt Flakes
- Lime Zest
- Prep Glass: Pour a thin layer of honey onto a plate. Combine sugar, salt, and lime zest and pour onto another shallow plate.
- Carefully rim the glass with the honey followed by the lime salt-sugar mixture, until the glass is fully coated. Fill glass with ice.
- Pour vodka, liqueur, and Bolthhouse Farms Mango Pinapple Coloada into a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake for one minute. Pour into prepared cocktail glass and serve
BOLTHOUSE TASTING AND COOKING EVENT:
After we made our drinks, the cooking began! We made this delicious COCONUT SHRIMP WITH RASPBERRY BLOOD ORANGE CHILI SAUCE (the recipe is below).
Ingredients Chili Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Bolthouse Farms Raspberry Blood Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar (or 1/3 cup honey)
- 3 Tbsp. water, divided
- 2 Tbsp. sambal chili paste
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
Ingredients Coconut Shrimp:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Bolthouse Farms Protein PLUS Coconut
- 1 cup shredded (sweetened) coconut
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails in tact
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Lime wedges for serving
- Place blood orange juice, vinegar, sugar, & 2 Tbsp. water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce heat & simmer until mixture reduces by one third.
- Once mixture has reduced, stir in chili paste. In a small bowl whisk together the starch, remaining water and salt and stir into the vinegar mixture.
- Once chili sauce begins to thicken (enough to coat the back of a spoon), remove from heat & set aside.
- In a shallow bowl combine eggs, Protein Plus Coconut smoothie, & whisk together. In another shallow bowl combine shredded coconut, panko, and almond meal and toss together until completely combined.
- Set an assembly line up with a bowl of flour, egg mixture, coconut mixture, and a clean plate lined w/was paper.
- Lightly season shrimp on each side with salt and pepper. Dredge each shrimp into the flour mixture, followed by the egg mixture, and finally into the coconut mixture until completely coated. (Making sure to shake any access coating onto he shrimp after each dredging).
- Refrigerate the shrimp for 3o minutes as you preheat the oil
- Fill a tall sided saucepan or dutch oven with 2 inched of oil and heat to 350 degrees F.
- Carefully add the shrimp into the hot oil, a few at a time, and fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Carefully flip each shrimp and continue to fry for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer fried shrimp onto a baking sheet lined with a cooling rack and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry remaining shrimp in batches, season and serve immediately with chili sauce and lime wedges.
THIS EVENT WAS SO MUCH FUN (and delicious)! I Hope you enjoy the recipes!! We ran out of time to make it, but they also served us this amazing french toast for dessert!